Who am I?

My photo
California, United States
Find my page on FB as I now offer services to fix or enhance just about anything. The advantages of having been around and lived a varied life! https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastWellers/

Monday, August 11, 2008

WNY July 2008



This is Uncle Dan in my home town of Barker, where my whole family still ives, showing my children things they only get to see on TV in California. I realized on this trip how wonderful this place really is for the kids and families. My kids had so much fun I thought their heads were gonna explode. Cows and Pigs and horses and chickens and land-land-land. More room to run than I even remembered. We actually even got to take a pig to the slaughter house. How many kids get to experience that I wonder? Uncle Dan is really great with the kids. He has his prioreties very clear. He is wonderful with his kids and they are all great.



They miss Grandma and Grandpa every night when we go to bed. We still hear sobing and faint wispers, " I wish we were in New York still". THey each even asked on different occasions if we could live there. Who knows, with the economy going the way it is perhaps that might be a good idea! Ah, I doubt it. Impossible to leave CA.












Niagara Falls was a blast. I poured rain while we were there but it was warm and the kids dug it. We got shakes, ate Canadian hotdogs, (no difference), and ran up and down Clifton Hill. It is a spot much like Coney Island or Peir 39 however there are more wax museums, Ripley's Believe it or not and other fun childish things to do there. Behind Danette here you can see the American Falls but to her left you can just see the mist form the Canadian Horseshoe Falls. Those are the most spectacular and if you go there you MUST cross into Canada and view it all from there. The American side simply cannot compete.



The Olcott rides, open all year and only 25 cents per ticket, were also a blast. this is about 10 minutes from my folks house and build just for kids. A bunch of littel rides that only littel kids can fit on smack dab in the middle of a small Lake town. You may have heard of Olcott as that is where the Polar Bear clubs started form a bunch of drunken old men stumblin out of a local pub with bright ideas.



Well, that's it for now. I'll try to post again soon.


Get to WNY if you ever have the chance. Only 1 hour from the EMC Burlington office!

No comments: