Who am I?

My photo
California, United States
Find my page on FB as I now offer services to fix or enhance just about anything. The advantages of having been around and lived a varied life! https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastWellers/

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election '08, before the vote

OK, so after being pushed by some friends to update my blog here I am. I make a main priority to play a major roll in the lives of my children which means more time with LEGOs/ American girl dolls and less time blogging. I am fine with this as well but should try a little harder to at least do a monthly update for everyone. I am choosing a timely topic as today is Election day and holds for sure a historic bookmark for the United States of America. Either the first African American, (my choice), or the first female VP, (great idea! wrong candidate). I will not address each Propositon here is CA but one that I find interesting based on the people activley supporting it. A YES vote on Proposition 2 will add 14 words to the California Consitution; "Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California."

First I mush make my intention clear. I will be voting NO on this as I feel it is not my place to judge or impose my beliefs on anyone via the federal, state or local government. I beleive a true republican who believes in small government would beleive the same. Many folks for this argue that the Bible states Gods position clearly on this via the following: "And the LORD God said, 'It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.' Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name. So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him. And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. Then the rib which the LORD God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man. And Adam said: 'This is now bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.' Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed." Genesis 2:18-25 (NKJV) I ask you, where does the word "marriage" apear azs it is currently defined by the Merrian-Webster dictionary:
Main Entry:
mar·riage
Pronunciation:
\ˈmer-ij, ˈma-rij\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English mariage, from Anglo-French, from marier to marry
Date:
14th century
1 a (1): the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2): the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage marriage> b: the mutual relation of married persons : wedlock c: the institution whereby individuals are joined in a marriage2: an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effected ; especially : the wedding ceremony and attendant festivities or formalities3: an intimate or close union marriage of painting and poetry — J. T. Shawcross>
I honestly feel the Bible is being twisted by the right wing to fit their agenda. Also, I ask you to consider the following photos I took yesterday in Livermore California. It was 64 degrees and heavy rain. The intersection of Vasco Road and Patterson Pass Road was wet and precarious, considering the traffic speeds were in the range of 45 - 50 MPH. No way I would put my kids in that scenario.
  • How do you feel about adults using their children to promote their political agendas?
  • Under what circumstances are you comfortable placing your children in a potentially dangerous situation to get your political message out?
  • Do these look like responsible parents?
Notice the 5-year old wandering down a wet busy thoroughfare?

Just one mans opinion.

No comments: