Who am I?

My photo
California, United States
Find my page on FB as I now offer services to fix or enhance just about anything. The advantages of having been around and lived a varied life! https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastWellers/

Friday, July 11, 2008

Update for 7_11_2008

We lost Papa Alden last November on the 11th. We are all sad a bit still but doing well.

I have been swamped with work so little time to send any updates. Since I've been away I had a trip to Paris. Worked most of the time but it was still pretty cool. Historical and modern architecture really was amazing.

Family is doing great. We are getting ready to head out to Western New York to visit my mom, Dad, Sister, Brother and their families. It should be a great time. When there we really get to put our feet up and relax unlike anywhere else as my mom just does a great job handling the kids for us. She takes control and makes us relax. Got love her for that!

On the Aptera front, I got a notice the other day stating that they have decided to deliver only the full electric vehicle, (120 miles per 4 hour charge), by October of this year which is rather disappointing. Th eType1, the hybrid, (300 miles per gallon of gasoline used by electric generator to recharge batteries on the fly), will not be out for another year, Q409. that is the vehicle I need due to the distance I travel on a daily basis. I cannot could on the full electric getting me a full round trip from my house in Discovery Bay to Santa Clara.
I honestly believe the Aptera folks are missing the actual market that could get them the boost they need to increase sales and awareness after first release. Those folks that can use the 120 mile per charge I suspect live generally close enough to their destination to either ride a bike or take a smaller car or public transit. I know that is a big assumption on my part but I still think that there is a larger market for folks like myself that have no alternative but to drive either a small car at 28 mpg or do not drive at all. There are many people in my area that do not have reasonable access to public transit and thus would benefit the greatest from a vehicle like the hybrid Aptera. The potential to lose market share to Honda and Toyota is far to great in my opinion to limit the sales to closer proximity suburban neighborhoods. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to lobby Aptera on this. BTW- let's hear it for record gas prices and record profits for big oil!

Pretty hot here the past few days, 102+. Makes swimming pretty nice at the pool though. Levi and Ainsley are learning and doing very well. We are pretty proud of them.

Have you looked at Nanosolar yet? They are making ground breaking movements toward reasonable solar energy costs. We could all be using their technology in the next 15 years. Buy stock when you can!

let me know if you want me to keep posting....little activity on the site makes me wonder if it's worth it.
Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steven,
Great Blog!! I found it because you mentioned Nanosolar. I too am a great believer in their potential!! I have also been working with them for sometime. I found your blog due to a key word search in www.icerocket.com.

All the best!
Ann
www.linkedin.com/in/annmayahi

Steven Weller said...

Thanks Ann! I look forward to hearing form you more. I am interested in getting into the green tech industry and leveraging the technical experience I have from LLNL and EMC. Keep me posted on what's new!
Cheers!
Steve