Who am I?

My photo
California, United States
Find my page on FB as I now offer services to fix or enhance just about anything. The advantages of having been around and lived a varied life! https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastWellers/

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Steve's voice on the elections!!!


I wanted to take a few seconds to voice to you all, prior to Tuesday, where I stand in this race for the Presidency of the USA.
I have determined, after much deliberation, that I will be supporting Senator Barack Obama, http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/semr?source=SEM-register-google-obama-search-national

I want you all to know that I consider myself the front edge of a generation that has been fed up with the politics status quo. I truly feel that as much as we hear about governmental corruption in other countries like Pakistan, Kenya and Russia there is at least that much going on here within our own branches. We all are familiar with the blows that President Bush has taken, whether you are a supporter of his or not, and that some are undeniable. However, I think that far less is understood about the level of corruption inside Congress. President Bush has actually, in my mind, validated this by signing the "executive order on earmarks", see...
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2008/01/20080129-3.html.

I certainly do not want to belittle this step as i feel it is one in the right direction but I also feel it is far late and consider it egregious negligence on the part of both Democrats as well as Republicans. Self interest has taken over in Washington where it was built on tha basis of serving the public. Remember this.....

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a
more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility,
provide for the common defense, promote the general
Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and
our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the
United States of America."

No longer do the 3-branches work in conjunction to provide for "a more perfect union", "promote the general welfare" or "establish Justice". My main concern with this as well, is that none of these are done especially as "We the People".

It is time for significant change and I truly believe that Mr. Obama is the only representative that has in his heart to make the steps toward this change.

I do not want someone who "Knows how to work the system". I want the system changed. I want all the loop holes removed and I want Congress to start working again for the people they represent. There is no room in our government for big business. We are a capitalistic society but we should not govern ourselves in a fashion that is mainly geared toward increasing the bottom line or ensuring year-over-year growth for investors. Wall street does not own this country.
  • Let's take chance!
  • Express that independence that runs through you genes!
  • Read a book on the founding fathers to remember that feeling again of why we are here.
  • Take control and let Washington know who really runs this country, THE PEOPLE!
In the case that something goes terribly wrong, as for the case of President Bush in my opinion, we should not fear admitting that we made a mistake. Impeachment law has been provided to us for a purpose, http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.articleii.html#section4, and we should not fear to use the powers given to us. I do not propose we us these lightly but we as United States Citizens should be aware of our rights per the constitution and be prepared to use them in the case that those we select to represent us, once they get to power, actually use excuses to then misrepresent us.

I am very open minded to talk about all that I mention here and willing to hear others arguments for or against my statements.

Please comment openly and do it all with a smile!

Cheers everyone and thanks for reading.....

-Steve


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I love my wife and kids more than anything else that exists or ever will!
Ok, steve that is what its about.....I love your myspace; however, I just still don't want my junk all over the intrnt. I think I'm very lucky to have the chance to have my old friend back in my life. Please stay thr & don't take off again - I think the world of you! I hope you have a great day! see yah bud! suz suzanne@northstatefinancial.com or suzanne.realestate@comcast.net