Who am I?

My photo
California, United States
Find my page on FB as I now offer services to fix or enhance just about anything. The advantages of having been around and lived a varied life! https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastWellers/

Thursday, January 24, 2008

I am ashamed I have not inroduced my wife yet!!!

The most important person in my life, the one who made me realize that there really is more to life than beer, cigarettes and late night Monty Python marathons.

I met Danette in 1996 in Elk Grove California. She was the little sister of a friends friend. We all spent a lot of time camping, since I really sorta lived that way for the two years before that. I was already a bit tired of the Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing way of life and looking for some sanity. She was exactly the thing I needed, my own little detoxification medication if I may say so, (not that I was really bad or anything. We all like to think we were tougher than we really were).

Anyhow, after prison....Nah just kidding! hehehe

Really though, we started dating after she demanded it. Really it nearly happened this way because I refused to date her because if her age. See, she is 11 years younger than I am so that made her 17 years old when we met, nearly 18 but that don't count as we all know. I stayed away from her in that manner. In time time however she turned 18 and was relentless. So my will was broken and we began to date. Soon after that I decided that time was short for me to do some of the things I had always wanted, like work at a ski resort. We left Elk Grove and worked a season at Kirkwood, the best skiing in California for those of you who are not familiar. After this I moved to Santa Rosa, CA and Danette moved back to Elk Grove. See, I needed to find a real job and I knew I did not want it to be in Elk Grove. This turned out to be the old man going off to find work and sending for his woman later. Well Santa Rosa never panned out so I ended up in Pleasanton California, a place I knew all to well since that is where I landed after Santa Cruz which was after the USAF. I got a job at, what is still the most interesting job I have ever had, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL). I worked in the Research and Development department for the National Ignition Facility, (NIF) there. I specifically did the R&D on the Flashlamps and Amplifiers for the laser.

While working the Danette and I decided to buy our first house for a measly $193,000.00 in Discovery Bay, California. Nearly the moment, and I'm not exaggerating here, I decided to take a new job at a company called Legato Systems working on designing data protection software. This freaked Danette out, changing jobs directly in the middle of buying a house. Ah well, it all works out.

Anyhow, she is my true love and gives me all my strength, accept when she is draining it....hehehehe.

Let me not forget to mention that she has a wonderful sense of humor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow your wife is Hella HOT!

Steven Weller said...

U know it! Hottest Chick on this mans Blue Earth!
Thanks for for noticing...
;O)

Cindy said...

you know that behind a great man is an even better woman!! About time the wives got a little credit.

Steven Weller said...

Yes Ma'am! I will back you up 100% on that comment. If it not for my wife I would probably be some loser sitting at the end of a bar right now smoking Lucky Strikes and drinking Gin and Tonics talking about how happy I am but thinking how lonely I am!

Keep the comments coming!