Who am I?

My photo
California, United States
Find my page on FB as I now offer services to fix or enhance just about anything. The advantages of having been around and lived a varied life! https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastWellers/

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Starting my composting

So, I finally got myself a composter, much to my wires dismay. I have always wanted to try to save the good stuff from the trash and landfills and turn it into a great addition to my garden or planters. I am short on the brown stuff, leaves and dry stuff, but will make due. I have bamboo in the back yard so going to try to compost the leaves from it. Not sure how it will turn out but aside front the additional time I expect it to take to break down the bamboo fibers it should be just fine. We have plenty of heat here in California and maybe almost too much. I'll have to keep and eye on that to ensure enough moisture stays in. Learning curve for sure but really looking forward to it.

I am open to learning from others so share your expertise with me if you care to.
Cheers!

No comments: