Who am I?

My photo
California, United States
Find my page on FB as I now offer services to fix or enhance just about anything. The advantages of having been around and lived a varied life! https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastWellers/

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My electric car blues

So I decided to give up on Aptera as it seems they cannot get anything to market in my future. I was considering the Tesla S-Class until they changed the price from $50k to $70K. I could come close to justifying, almost, the 50 but no way on the 70. My problem with these cars is that they are either lacking in stamina (can't go more the 100 miles on a charge) or are marketed to folks willing to pay close to $100k for a car. That limits the market and does less to help the environment. This can almost be a good example for why we need governmental regulation or incentives to move to this new technology. 300 mile a charge cars exist but the manufacturers are artificially ballooning the prices to pad their pockets. I liked Aptera mainly because the cost was reasonable and affordable for most Americans at $29k. At least it close and they are making an effort.

Just some simple mans thoughts on it...

No comments: