Who am I?

My photo
California, United States
Find my page on FB as I now offer services to fix or enhance just about anything. The advantages of having been around and lived a varied life! https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastWellers/

Thursday, February 7, 2008

X-rays of the plate in my neck...wanna see?






















So here it is!
A titanium plate screwed to hold two of my vertebrae while the bone, from a dead person,takes time to grow together. Pretty crazy stuff for sure!

It is uncomfortable but no more than it was before and I am hoping that, since I am dealing with what is essentially a broken neck, it will get better with time. I have started physical therapy to teach me to stand up straight and use my neck properly going forward. It seems one should never drink from a bottle or can directly because it is bad for your neck to tilt back that far to drag the last drop out. Now you would think we would learn that stuff in fifth grade health class eh? There are a lot of things I have to learn new now but all in the hopes that I will be good as new by this time next year. If so you better believe the first thing I intend to do is get my snow board out!

I am making progress on my guitar playing as well. Lot's of new stuff in Steve's life this year. Started lessons because I know that if I do not I will not take the time to do what I need to get what I want with the ax.

I am having some fun but not too much. I am still in pain, it's hard to sit for more that 10 minutes, especially at this computer. It seems every place in my house to sit, other than the kitchen chair, is designed to enhance bad posture. It is really difficult to sleep as well. There is no real comfortable position so nights are long and I tend to sleep in as I'll finally give in to the exhaustion around 2:30a.

Oh well, it'll get better and I'll strong as an ox soon.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and I look forward to your comments so please leave even a "hello, I was here".
Cheers!

No comments: